Loose Park Rose Garden Weddings
A permit is needed for your ceremony in the Rose Garden. KC Parks is currently reviewing the processes, fees and regulations for booking Loose Park. You may call 816-513-7787 for any questions, and this page will be updated as soon as possible for the 2018 season. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Weddings may take place from April through October during the following times, Friday, 4-8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Some things to consider before having your wedding in the Rose Garden
- No refunds will be given under any circumstances, including weather.
- Any chairs, decorations, musical equipment, etc. must be set-up and taken down within the two hour time period.
- All supplies and equipment must be carried to the rose garden. Vehicles are not allowed on turf areas or in the rose garden.
- Arrangements for holding a reception should be made at a separate location. The Shelters are not included.
- Food is not allowed in the rose garden. Liquor is prohibited in Loose Park.
- No tents or awnings are allowed in the rose garden
- Runners are not to be placed atop the grass in the rose garden.
- Birdseed, confetti or tissue flowers are not allowed inside the rose garden. Birdseed may be used once on the road or parking surfaces. Rice can kill birds and is not allowed.
- Parking is limited. If many guest are expected, a good idea might be to meet in one larger location, and rent a trolley or car system to transport guest to the rose garden.
- This is a public park; the rose garden is a public facility and no area may be blocked off at anytime. We cannot control other events scheduled in Loose Park.
For more information or questions regarding weddings in the Rose Garden, please call 816-513-7787.