Kansas City’s Big Picnic 2018
Sunday, July 22, 2018
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art Donald J. Hall Sculpture Park and Theis Park, Between Oak and Rockhill on Emanuel Cleaver II Blvd.
(Cleaver II Blvd. will be closed from 2-9 p.m.; details below)
Enjoy art activities, live music, food trucks, and games throughout the Big Picnic. Pack your own picnic or grab dinner from an on-site food truck! Rain or shine; no grills, no stakes, no tenting.
We want to see your pictures! Use #KCBigPicnic and #KCParks and we’ll share our favorites on our social media.
- Human ants, giant food and other whimsies create a larger-than-life picnic experience by StoneLion Puppet Theater
- Musical performances
- Plein Air “Quick Paint” Contest
- Recreation stations featuring badminton, lawn games by KC Crew and the Imagination Playground.
- Giant Adirondack Chairs and a giant picture frame for great photo opps
- Grateful Bubbles in Theis Park
- Ride your bike and keep it safe in Southmoreland Park with Bike Valet services provided by BikeWalkKC
ROAD CLOSURE:Emanuel Cleaver II Blvd. from Oak Street to Rockhill Road will be closed for the Big Picnic from 2-9 p.m.
DETOUR: From the East-south on Rockhill Road to Volker to Oak Street; from the West-south on Oak Street to Volker to Rockhill Road