As a service to our residents, the City of Kansas City, Mo., sends occasional notices about temporary road closures due to outdoor races to help residents better plan their weekends and avoid inconvenient road closures or delays. This weekend, six races will affect traffic throughout Kansas City. Please note, police are prepared to allow motorists to cross the routes when they deem it safe for the participants. Please observe caution and obey all posted detours, barricades and no parking signs.
The Kansas City Corporate Challenge 5K takes place Saturday, May 3 from about 7:30-9:30 a.m. and will temporarily close Ward Parkway between 83rd and 94th streets. For more information, visit www.kccorporatechallenge.com/events/5k.
The Lockton Purple Stride 5K Race takes place Saturday, May 3 from about 8:30-10 a.m. and will temporarily close the following streets:
– Oak Street, between Emanuel Cleaver II Boulevard and East 50th Street
– 50th Street, between Oak and Cherry streets; and between Rockhill Road and Troost Avenue
– Cherry Street, between East 50th Street and Rockhill Road
– Rockhill Road, between Cherry and East 50th streets
– Troost Avenue, between East 50th Street and Volker Boulevard
– Volker Boulevard, between Troost Avenue and The Paseo Boulevard
For more information, visit http://www.purplestride.org/.
The Temple Run takes place Saturday, May 3 from about 9-11:30 a.m. and will temporarily close the following streets:
– North Ewing Avenue, between Northeast 70th Street and Northeast 70th Terrace
– Northeast 70th Terrace, between North Ewing Avenue and Searcy Creek Parkway
– Searcy Creek Parkway, between Northeast 70th Terrace and Northeast Shoal Creek Parkway
– Northeast Shoal Creek Parkway, between Searcy Creek Parkway and Northeast 76th Street
For more information, visit http://www.templerun.net/.
The Cinco De Mayo 5-Que takes place Sunday, May 4 from about 8-9:30 a.m. and will temporarily close the following streets:
– Avenida Cesar E. Chavez, between Jarboe Street and Allen Avenue
– Allen Avenue (turning into West 25th Street), between Avenida Cesar E. Chavez and Southwest Boulevard
– Southwest Boulevard, between West 25th and Liberty streets
For more information, visit http://cincodemayo5que.com/.
The LAKC Race for Justice takes place Sunday, May 4 from about 8-10 a.m. along the Brush Creek Trail near the Plaza. While there are no official road closures, police will block traffic where the Brush Creek Trail intersects with Rockhill Road and Oak Street while runners are crossing. For more information, visit http://www.lakc.net/run-for-justice-5k/.
The March for Babies takes place Sunday, May 4 from about 10 a.m. to noon and will temporarily close the following streets:
– Walnut Street, between Truman Road and West 19th Street
– 19th Street, between Grand Boulevard and Baltimore Avenue
– Baltimore Avenue, between West 19th and West 14th streets; and between West 10th and West 12th streets
– West 14th Street, between Baltimore Avenue and Broadway Boulevard
– Broadway Boulevard, between West 14th and West Ninth streets
– West Ninth Street, between Broadway Boulevard and Wyandotte Street
– Wyandotte Street, between West Ninth and West 10th streets
– West 10th Street, between Wyandotte Street and Baltimore Avenue
– 12th Street; between Baltimore Avenue and Grand Boulevard
– Grand Boulevard, between East 12th and East 19th streets
For more information, visit http://www.marchforbabies.org/.