~Membership applications are now being accepted~
*Membership Fees (good for one year):
$5 per membership, includes one key fob
$10 for one additional key fob
$10 replacement fee for lost or re-issued key fob
*You do not have to be a resident of Kansas City, MO to join.
*Membership includes a maximum of four dogs per household. Dog Park members (human) must be 16 years or older.
*Your pass will be good for one year after which you will need to provide updated vaccination records and pay a renewal fee.
*Cash, check and credit card are accepted forms of payment.
OBTAINING YOUR PASS
To register and be provided a key fob, you will need to follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Download, Print & Complete the WTDP Membership Application
Print the form and fill in all requested information or you can fill out the application online and then print. Check the box to acknowledge that you have read the rules at the bottom. Read the waiver and sign.
Step 2: Photo copy your dog(s) current rabies vaccination certificate.
Please Note: Compliance with dog registration is a City of Kansas City, Missouri municipal ordinance.
Step 3: Bring your completed registration form, proof of rabies vaccination, and membership fee to one of the following KC Parks Downtown Community Centers.
Tony Aguirre Community Center, 2050 W. Pennway, Kansas City, MO 64108
Westport Roanoke Community Center, 3601 Roanoke Road, Kansas City, MO 64111
Garrison Community Center, 1124 E. Fifth St., Kansas City, MO 64106 (CASH only)
Gregg/Klice Community Center, 1600 John “Buck” O’Neil Way, Kansas City, MO 64108
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- 1.5 Acres where your dog can run off leash without fear of violating leash laws, getting lost or running into traffic.
- Exclusive access to the West Terrace Dog Park
- One key fob per household to enter the Dog Park
- Assurance that other dogs playing in the park are current on their rabies vaccination shots
- Friendly reminders when your registered dogs’ rabies vaccination shots are due.
- Regular email updates about scheduled maintenance
- Email notifications, when it is necessary to close the dog park area for improvements and routine maintenance. Below is an idea of what may or will occur:
- Aeration, seeding, and sodding may require a closure for 2-3 weeks in the spring
- During times of excessive rainfall staff may close the dog park to prevent extensive turf wear and tear
- Fencing and structural repairs may require the dog park to close during repair periods.
- Winter snow melt may require closing the park to keep the turf intact
Dog Park Manager
West Terrace Dog Park on Facebook>>