As a service to our residents, the City of Kansas City, Mo., sends occasional notices about temporary road closures due to outdoor races and parades to help residents better plan their weekends and avoid inconvenient road closures or delays.
The City is notifying motorists that two races and three parades celebrating St. Patrick’s Day will affect traffic in Kansas City March 15-17. Please note, police are prepared to allow motorists to cross the routes when they deem it safe for the participants.
The Westport St. Patrick’s Day Run will close the following streets Saturday, March 15 from about 9:45 a.m. to noon:
- Westport Road between Pennsylvania and Clark avenues
- Clark Avenue between Westport Road and 43rd Street
- 43rd Street between Clark Avenue and Warwick Boulevard
- Warwick Boulevard between 43rd and 38th streets
- 38th Street between Warwick Boulevard and Gillham Road
- Gillham Road between 38th Street and Linwood Boulevard
- Linwood Boulevard between Gillham Road and Broadway Boulevard
- Broadway Boulevard between 33rd and 34th streets
- 34th Street between Broadway Boulevard and Pennsylvania Avenue
- Pennsylvania Avenue between 34th Street and Westport Road
For more information, visit http://www.stpatricksday4milerun.com/.
The Brookside St. Patrick’s Day Warm-up Parade will close the following streets Saturday, March 15 from about 2-4 p.m.
- Wornall Road between 65th and 63rd streets
- 63rd Street between Wornall Road and Main Street
- Main Street between 63rd Street and Meyer Boulevard
- Meyer Boulevard between Main Street and Brookside Road
For more information, visit http://www.brooksidekc.org/bba/st-patricks-parade.
The Martin City Whiskey Run and the Martin City St. Patrick’s Parade will close the following streets Sunday, March 16 from about 7-9:30 a.m. and 2-4 p.m.
- 135th Street between Locust and Wyandotte streets
- Wyandotte Street between 135th and Washington streets
- Washington Street between Wyandotte Street and 135th Street
The Kansas City St. Patrick’s Day Parade will close the following streets Monday, March 17 from about 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.:
- Broadway Street between 31st and 43rd streets
- 33rd Street between Main Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
For more information, visit http://kcirishparade.com/.
Please note: additional street closures due to the Big 12 Men’s Basketball Championship will take place this week in downtown Kansas City. For more information, visit http://kcmo.gov/news/2014/city-welcomes-thousands-of-visitors-downtown-for-big-12-basketball-fun-run-and-planet-comicon/.
Please observe caution and obey all posted detours and barricades.