Art Exhibition Benefits KC Parks

Art Exhibition Benefits KC Parks


The “Kansas City” exhibit First Friday opening will be held on May 3, 2019, from 6-9 p.m., at Buttonwood Art Space, 3013 Main, Kansas City, Missouri, 64108.  The gallery exhibition includes 160+ artworks by 79 local and regional artists.  All artworks will depict scenes across Kansas City, including its beautiful parks. Artwork will include: paintings, photography, mixed media, fiber and 3D works.  The exhibit opening will be held in conjunction with KC Crossroads May First Friday Art Walk. The exhibition runs through June 27, 2019.

Purchases of art during the exhibit will benefit KC Parks and artists.  Sixty percent (60%) of each sale compensates artists for their beautiful art with the remaining forty percent (40%) going to KC Parks as a donation.

Proceeds from the exhibit will help KC Parks fulfill their mission to improve the quality of life, health and wellness of our community by providing socially equitable, community-driven programming and environmentally sound natural resource management.

“We are appreciative of Buttonwood Financial Group / Buttonwood Art Space’s ongoing support of local artists and excited that they have chosen to support our local parks through this exhibition as well,” says KC Parks Director Teresa Rynard.

Meet participating artists, snack on hors d’oeuvres, and enjoy a beverage at the May 3rd, 2019 Opening Reception.  Children and families are welcome.  A special VIP event from 5-6 p.m. is ticket-only.  If you are unable to attend the May 3rd reception; gallery hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., or by appointment May 3, 2019 – June 27, 2019.

Buttonwood Art Space was founded by Jon and Wendy McGraw in support of the arts in Kansas City. The McGraw’s purchased the 1860’s Buttonwood building in 2005, and expansion in 2013 doubled the size of the gallery to 7,500 sq. ft.  A portion of all sales go to support local and regional charities as the gallery is designated as a place for artists to exhibit and sell their works, and for non-profit groups to raise funds and awareness. Buttonwood Art Space is underwritten by Buttonwood Financial Group, an independent wealth management firm based in Kansas City, Missouri.  Buttonwood works closely with individuals and families to simplify the complexity that comes with wealth. The Buttonwood Team serves as a Family CFO, coordinating and integrating tax, insurance, estate planning, investments, cash flow, retirement, education, and business strategies to achieve client specific goals.  More information>>