Discover how our City vehicles help Build Our City, Keep Our City Safe and Keep Our City Clean
The City of Kansas City, Missouri, is hosting Truck-a-Palooza, a fun and free family event focused on education, exploration, and safety of City vehicles. Join us Saturday, Sept. 20, from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., at The Parade Park, located at the intersection of East Truman Road and The Paseo Boulevard.
“I am so excited to be hosting this event,” said City Manager Troy Schulte. “What kid doesn’t like trucks?! I grew up on a farm and learned how to drive several large vehicles. I also drove one of our city snow plows during a City snow storm. This is a great opportunity for our vehicle operators to engage with our residents and vice versa.”
Learn what our City trucks do, how they work, and enjoy getting up in the big rigs. Get up close to the large vehicles. Learn about safety around these large vehicles. There will be more than 35 vehicles on display for children and grown-ups to climb on, sit in, and view up close! Vehicles on display include a dump truck, fire engine, trash truck, mounted police patrol, motorcycles, ATV’s and many more.
Be sure to tweet us your photos on twitter to @kcmo and tag with #kctruckfest.
- Maps with descriptions/fun facts about the vehicles
- Fun activity pages related to Truck-a-Palooza
- Index card with three trucks on it to collect stickers (Enter card at host table to win prizes!)
- 8 a.m. – 5k walk/run and 1 mile leisure walk
- At Gregg Klice Community Center:
- 9 a.m. – Learn to play the game of Bridge from the “greater players” the Bridge Club
- 10 a.m. – Free swimming and open basketball
- Face Painting
- Mobile food trucks featuring: Brock Hops, Hella Bar-B-Que and Plates Express Gourmet Food Fast
- DJ C-style – The line dancing DJ
- A prize drawing, giveaways and much more.
For the safety of all:
- Children must be accompanied by adults.
- Please leave the family pets at home.