Fountain Dyeing Guidelines/Fees
Several of Kansas City, Missouri’s fountains are available to “dye” in celebration and recognition of an event or cause. The following fees and guidelines have been established and approved by the Board of Parks and Recreation Commissioners:
Fountains are available for dyeing: April 15-October 30
Fountains available for dyeing include:
Colors* available for dyeing: Blue, Green, Red, Pink, Purple, Teal, Orange, Gold and Black
- Open to non-profit organizations or citywide-sponsored events
- No two organizations may use the same color dye within the same fountain season
- Chosen fountains must be dyed (simultaneously) during the same timeframe; fountains may not be dyed different colors during the same time frame
- KC Parks reserves the right to limit the number of fountain dyeings per season
- Fountains must run clear two full days between dyeings
- Suggested 10 day maximum dye
- Signage must be developed and approved by KC Parks Marketing Division and include the City of Fountains Foundation logo
- $1,000/per fountain for the first day; $250/per fountain for each additional day**
- Payment, in its entirety, must be received two (2) weeks prior to first dye day.
*Additional time and costs may be incurred for custom dye colors
**Additional staff overtime costs are incurred for weekend dyeing events and holidays
To request a fountain dyeing, please complete the online Fountain Dyeing Request Form.
QUESTIONS? Contact Heidi Markle at 816-513-7527
Thank you for your support of the Wish Upon a Fountain campaign!