MO Bicentennial Plein Air Quick Paint Contest
Saturday, July 24, 2021
9-10 a.m.: Artist Check-in at KC Parks tent by the Bluffs Stage
10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Quick Paint
12:30 p.m.: Deadline for artwork turn-in at the Bluffs Stage
12:50 p.m: Purchase Award: $500 sponsored by KCMO City Councilman Kevin O’Neill
François Chouteau & Native American Heritage Fountain, 3904 NE Chouteau Trfy, Kansas City, MO 64117
Celebrate Missouri’s Bicentennial in Kansas City by participating in a Quick Paint contest. Artists are encouraged to come out “en plein air” and capture the spirit of the day. $500 purchase award; no fee to participate. Must have six (6) participants to award prize. Please pre-register by emailing your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Painting must be done outside ENTIRELY on location from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 24.
2. All traditional mediums are accepted (oils, watercolor, pastel, acrylic, ink, graphite).
3. Blank (or solid color painted background) painting surfaces must be stamped prior to painting at the check-in station between 9-10 a.m. on Saturday, July 24. Check-in station will be at the KC Parks tent by the Bluffs Stage.
4. Artists may paint anywhere within the Chouteau Greenway festival grounds. Subject matter can be anything within sight as long as the artist is within the boundaries.
5. Artists will immediately submit work for judging and a chance to win the $500 purchase award. Return the completed work to the KC Parks tent/stage by 12:30 p.m.
6. Purchase award will be chosen and prize awarded at 12:50 p.m. Winning artwork becomes the property of the Quick Paint sponsor.