- This event has passed.
Walktober Quick Paint Contest: Blue River Trail
Sunday, October 20, 2019
10:30-11 a.m.: Artist Check-in at KC Parks tent
11-1:30 p.m.: Quick Paint
1:30-1:45 p.m.: Turn-in at KC Parks tent
2 p.m. Judging/Purchase Award: $250
CHECK-IN: Old Red Bridge in Minor Park, between Holmes and Blue River Road on Red Bridge Road
Our second Quick Paint during Walktober features the historic Old Red Bridge (Kansas City’s Love Locks Bridge) and beautiful Blue River in South Kansas City! $250 purchase award; no fee to participate. Top three pieces are automatically included in next year’s Kansas City exhibition at Buttonwood Art Space in May.
Must have 6 participants to award prize. Please pre-register by emailing your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Painting must be done outside ENTIRELY on location on Sunday, October 20 between the hours of 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
2. All traditional mediums are accepted (oils, watercolor, pastel, acrylic, ink, graphite).
4. Artists may paint anywhere on the bridges, along the river, Blue River/Indian Creek Trails in Minor Park. Subject matter can be anything within sight as long as the artist is within the boundaries.
5. Artists will immediately submit work for judging and a chance to win the $250 purchase award. Return the completed work to the KC Parks tent upon conclusion of the Quick Paint at 1:30 p.m.
6. Purchase award will be chosen and prize awarded at 2 p.m. Winning artwork becomes the property of KC Parks. Top three works will be included in next year’s Kansas City exhibition at Buttonwood Art Space in May 2020.