- This event has passed.
Walktober Quick Paint Contest: Cliff Drive
Sunday, October 6, 2019
10:30-11 a.m.: Artist Check-in at KC Parks tent
11-1:30 p.m.: Quick Paint
1:30-1:45 p.m.: Turn-in at KC Parks tent
2 p.m. Judging/Purchase Award: $250
CHECK-IN: Cliff Drive-entrance by Kansas City Museum at Scarritt Point, Gladstone Blvd. & Walrond Ave.
Capture the beautiful scenery and amazing attractions located along Cliff Drive in historic Northeast Kansas City during Walktober! $250 purchase award; no fee to participate. Top three pieces are automatically included in next year’s Kansas City exhibition at Buttonwood Art Space in May.
Must have 6 participants to award prize. Please pre-register by emailing your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Painting must be done outside ENTIRELY on location on Sunday, October 6 between the hours of 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
2. All traditional mediums are accepted (oils, watercolor, pastel, acrylic, ink, graphite).
4. Artists may paint anywhere on Cliff Drive/Kessler Park. Subject matter can be anything within sight as long as the artist is within the boundaries.
5. Artists will immediately submit work for judging and a chance to win the $250 purchase award. Return the completed work to the KC Parks tent upon conclusion of the Quick Paint at 1:30 p.m.
6. Purchase award will be chosen and prize awarded at 2 p.m. Winning artwork becomes the property of KC Parks. Top three works will be included in next year’s Kansas City exhibition at Buttonwood Art Space in May 2020.