Walktober 2022: Cave Spring Trail Quick Paint Contest
Cave Spring Trail
Check-In: Cave Spring Interpretive Center, 8701 East Gregory
10:30-11 a.m.: Artist Check-in
11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.: Quick Paint (turn completed work in by 1:30 p.m. to be considered for judging)
1:45 p.m: Purchase Award: $250 sponsored by Jackson County
Must have six (6) participants to award prize; no fee to participate. Please pre-register by emailing your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also known as “William Klein Park,” this 36-acre nature park is a hidden little forest in the city. On a visit to Cave Spring, you will find an interpretive center with changing exhibits, picnic area, hiking trails, wildlife pond habitat, butterfly garden and small cave.
1. Painting must be done outside ENTIRELY on location on Sunday, October 16 between the hours of 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
2. All traditional mediums are accepted (oils, watercolor, pastel, acrylic, ink, graphite).
3. Blank (or solid color painted background) painting surfaces must be stamped prior to painting at the check-in station by the Interpretive Center.
4. Artists may paint anywhere on the Brush Creek Trail. Subject matter can be anything within sight as long as the artist is within the boundaries.
5. Artists will immediately submit work for judging and a chance to win the $250 purchase award. Return the completed work by 1:30 p.m. to be considered for judging.
6. Purchase award will be chosen and prize awarded at 1:45 p.m. Winning artwork becomes the property of the Quick Paint sponsor.