Walktober 2022: Little Blue Trace Trail Quick Paint Contest
Little Blue Trace Trail
Check-In: Little Blue Trace Trailhead, Hartman Heritage Park, 20140 E Jackson Drive, Independence, MO 64057
10:30-11 a.m.: Artist Check-in
11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.: Quick Paint (turn completed work in by 1:30 p.m. to be considered for judging)
1:45 p.m: Purchase Award: $250 sponsored by Foster Adopt Connect
Must have six (6) participants to award prize; no fee to participate. Please pre-register by emailing your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Walktober hiking and bicycling trail highlights the park, which also includes – along this trail system – 4 shelters and 30 picnic tables. The trail currently starts at Blue Mills Road and extends 15.5 miles south to Phelps Road in Kansas City. It will ultimately extend to Longview Lake.
1. Painting must be done outside ENTIRELY on location on Sunday, October 16 between the hours of 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
2. All traditional mediums are accepted (oils, watercolor, pastel, acrylic, ink, graphite).
3. Blank (or solid color painted background) painting surfaces must be stamped prior to painting at the check-in tent at the Trailhead.
4. Artists may paint anywhere on the Brush Creek Trail. Subject matter can be anything within sight as long as the artist is within the boundaries.
5. Artists will immediately submit work for judging and a chance to win the $250 purchase award. Return the completed work by 1:30 p.m. to be considered for judging.
6. Purchase award will be chosen and prize awarded at 1:45 p.m. Winning artwork becomes the property of the Quick Paint sponsor.