- This event has passed.
Walktober Quick Paint Contest: Riverfront Heritage Trail
Sunday, October 11, 2020
Berkley Riverfront Park, 1298 Riverfront Rd.
The health of attendees is very important to us. We ask all attendees to practice social distancing and wear a mask when in close proximity to others.
8:30-9 a.m.: Artist Check-in at Berkley Riverfront Park Plaza
9-11:30 a.m.: Quick Paint
11:30-11:45 a.m.: Turn-in at Berkley Riverfront Park Plaza
Noon: Judging/Purchase Award: $250 sponsored by KC River Trails Board.
Our second Quick Paint during Walktober features the Bond Bridge, the Town of Kansas Bridge (another bridge adorned with Love Locks) and the beautiful and mighty Missouri River! $250 purchase award; no fee to participate.
Must have 6 participants to award prize. Please pre-register by emailing your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Painting must be done outside ENTIRELY on location on Sunday, October 11 between the hours of 9-11:30 a.m.
2. All traditional mediums are accepted (oils, watercolor, pastel, acrylic, ink, graphite).
4. Artists may paint anywhere on the Riverfront Heritage Trail Segment 1 (Berkley Park/Riverfront). Subject matter can be anything within sight as long as the artist is within the boundaries.
5. Artists will immediately submit work for judging and a chance to win the $250 purchase award. Return the completed work to Berkley Plaza upon conclusion of the Quick Paint at 11:30 a.m.
6. Purchase award will be chosen and prize awarded at Noon. Winning artwork becomes the property of the Quick Paint sponsor.