KC Parks Golf COVID-19 Guidelines
The City of Kansas City, MO Parks and Recreation Department has temporarily suspended golf play at the Heart of America and Minor Park golf courses. Shoal Creek and Swope Memorial golf courses remain open to public play. Hodge Park golf course will be accessible to public play through Shoal Creek (as they are adjacent facilities). The Hodge Park clubhouse will be closed, and the access gate locked. All courses will operate with the following restrictions:
- Online Payments Only – Tee-times must book through the course website, a third-party vendor, or by calling the Golf Shop. Shoal Creek/Hodge 816-407-7242, Swope Memorial 816-513-8910.
- League Play, Events and Instructional Lessons – All activities postponed until further notice.
- Food and Beverage Services – Discontinued. Golfers are encouraged to bring water to the course as there will be none available for purchase.
- Clubhouse – closed except for restroom access.
- Golf Cart Use – Discontinued.
- Driving Range – Closed.
- Tee times – Reduced to manage social distancing and crowding.
- Course Amenities – ball washers, water coolers, benches, scorecards/pencils, bag stands, etc. will not be available on the course.
- The Pin – Cups will be modified to eliminate the need to remove the ball from the hole. Play will be a “touch and in” method. Holes will be removed from the practice green and chipping areas.
- Bunkers – Rakes will be removed from the course. Additionally, bunkers will be deemed “Ground Under Repair”.