As part of a research project, KC Parks and University of Missouri are working on a new youth photography project to collect your ideas on healthy foods, food advertisements and park activities. Participants will complete a survey and participate in a group discussion, sharing ideas on what they like, want to change and hope for the future. We will be working at Brush Creek and Marlborough Community Centers over four afterschool meetings. At the end of the project, we will hold a gallery event that will display everyone’s photos. Space is limited to 15 youth per center. Participants can earn up to $40, a certificate, community service hours, and get copies of their photos. For project information, contact Sonja Wilhelm Stanis at email@example.com or 573-882-9524.
To participate you must:
• Be a youth ages 10-17 years old.
• Fill out the application and have your parent or guardian complete the consent form. Space is limited so return the forms by the JANUARY 6, 2016 deadline!
• Commit to spending four afterschool sessions working on this project. The sessions should last about 2 hrs each.
• Be willing to take pictures and take part in group discussions.
• Share your pictures with the public, including at a gallery event that is open to local community members, civic leaders and others.
• Complete a survey or interview about the project.
Download Marlborough Flyer
Download Brush Creek Flyer