KC Parks Ambassadors participated in the Great Kansas City Cleanup by leading efforts at 14 KC Parks locations. 192 volunteers spent 269 hours beautifying our city’s shared spaces on October 29.
Final numbers include:
- 14 parks, boulevards, and trails were beautified
- 2,880 lbs of loose litter and bulky items were collected
- 24 tires were hauled away
- A tandem truckload of bush honeysuckle was cleared
- 300 lbs of glass were recycled
- 269 service hours for a total of $8,057 in service value
In addition, Public Works hosted cleanups in three neighborhoods which, when combined with KC Parks sites, resulted in a total of 13,880 pounds of trash collected in one day!
KC Parks is already planning the next Great Kansas City Cleanup for Earth Day 2023 (April 22) as we do every year, but especially because in 2023 the NFL Draft festivities will take place at Union Station the following week. If you would like to join in Earth Day 2023 activities, please email Parks.Volunteer@kcmo.org.