OPEN STREETS HAS ENDED
KC Parks and Recreation is working with the KCMO Health Department and the Mayor’s office to provide safe, fun and beautiful spaces for Kansas City to exercise during the City stay-at-home order. KC Parks is closing roads to vehicle traffic in Swope Park (East Meyer Boulevard and Swope Parkway) and Blue Valley Park (2301 Topping Avenue) today to provide extra opportunities for people to get out and exercise, while still social distancing. Barricades are going up today to close roads in both parks, creating great, wide open spaces to enjoy the outdoors.
KC Parks is also encouraging everyone to help with social distancing, by walking counterclockwise on all loop trails. This should help with keeping six feet apart while enjoying KC Parks trails.
KC Parks is also encouraging everyone to help with overcrowding at some of our most popular parks, by checking out any of our other 221 parks or more than 130 miles of trails.
KC Parks is encouraging everyone to follow KCMO Health Department and CDC guidelines while in our parks:
- Keep 6’ distance between individuals at all times.
- No large groups-10 or less only.
- Wash hands before and after attending a park or walking on a trail.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you feel sick and avoid contact with those who are sick.
- Cover your mouth/nose when coughing or sneezing.