The free outdoor event celebrates all forms of music!
Kansas City Parks and Recreation is excited to announce the return of Make Music Day on June 21st. Registration opens April 21st for the third annual city-wide musical celebration, a wild and wonderful mix of free outdoor events. Make Music KC is part of Make Music Day, a global music celebration that takes place on the summer solstice each year and brings people of all ages and skill levels together.
WHEN: June 21st, 2023, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
WHERE: Across the metro
How to Participate as a Performer or Venue: Any musician, amateur or professional, is invited to take part. Likewise, businesses, buildings, schools, churches, and other institutions can visit the website to offer their spaces as concert locations.
- Visit https://www.makemusicday.org/kcmo
- Click on PARTICIPATE
- Click on REGISTER AS A PERFORMER OR HOST VENUE FOR MAKE MUSIC DAY ON JUNE 21>>
- You will be taken to the matchmaking site and asked to create an account or login to an existing account (top right hand corner)
- If creating an account, you will be sent an email to verify
- You can then login to your account and sign up as a performer, a venue or add an event
- Once registered, you can send a request to a performer or venue for mutual approval
About Make Music International
Held annually on June 21, Make Music Day is part of the international Fête de la Musique, taking place in over 1,000 cities across 120 countries. The daylong, musical free-for-all celebrates music in all its forms, encouraging people to band together and play in free public concerts. This year, over 80 U.S. cities and the entire states of Vermont and Connecticut are organizing Make Music celebrations, encompassing thousands of music making opportunities nationwide. Make Music Day is presented by the NAMM Foundation and coordinated by the nonprofit Make Music Alliance. For more information, please visit www.makemusicday.org.