- KC Parks Re-Opening Plan>>
- KC Parks Fitness Center Guidelines>>
- KC Parks Day Camp Safety Guidelines>>
- KC Parks Community Centers Offer Day Camps for Working Families>>
- Make A Difference While You Distance Trash Pickup Initiative>>
- KC Parks Open Streets Information and Maps>>
- Virtual Community Conversations Helping Residents During Covid-19 Pandemic>>
- KC Parks Golf COVID-19 Guidelines>>
- An update from #KCParks Director Rynard. Effective 3/24/20, #KCMO playgrounds and courts are closed; parks and trails remain open with proper social distancing. #WhereKCPlaysSafe #COVID19 Watch Video>>
A Message from Our Director
The health and wellness of our patrons and staff is always a top priority at Kansas City, Mo. Parks and Recreation. To follow the CDC’s (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines and in accordance with its recommendation that large events and mass gatherings organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 10 people or more throughout the United States during this pandemic, KC Parks has implemented the following:
- Playgrounds,dog parks, and courts are closed.
- Cliff Drive is completely closed to motorized vehicles.
- Parks and trails remain open with proper social distancing during regular park hours of 5 a.m.-Midnight. Please walk in a counter-clockwise direction on loop trails.
- KC Parks Community Centers and Museums are closed to the public through May 15, 2020.
- Events of more than 10 attendees will not be permitted in our parks/facilities until after May 15, 2020.
Membership, program, room rental and activity fees will be refunded. Please contact Parks for details.
KC Parks takes our responsibility to patrons and employees very seriously. As such, we are actively monitoring the situation and will implement additional changes as needed to ensure a high level of safety for all. For more information, please visit kcmo.gov.
We are proud of the preventative measures we are taking to protect against the spread of the virus. Thank you for your continued support and cooperation. Please take care of yourself and each other.
Terry Rynard, Director
Kansas City, MO Parks and Recreation