City of Kansas City Parks and Recreation will begin offering Day Camp for children, ages 5-13 years old, of working families throughout the metro.
Day Camp will begin Monday, May 4, 2020 at Gregg/Klice Community Center, 1600 East 17th Terrace, KCMO. As enrollment increases, Day Camp will be offered at additional KC Parks Community Centers. The hours for the program will be 7:30am -5:30pm, Monday-Friday. Fee is $50 per child/per week or $10 daily drop-in fee. Delayed payment program is available as are scholarships. Children must be registered by 5 p.m. the previous day.
KC Parks works closely with the KCMO Health Department and Mayor’s Office regarding Day Camp and staff will be following all CDC childcare Covid-19 guidelines:
- Each location will be limited to 12-15 children (depending the size of the Community Center).
- Children and staff will wash hand thoroughly after each activity and throughout the day.
- Staff will regularly wipe down all surfaces throughout the facility to help prevent the spread of germs.
- Camps will adhere to the social distancing guidelines by having less than 10 people in a room at a time.
- Children and staff who are sick will be expected to stay at home.