Partners in Parks
Partners in Parks
Partners in Parks are neighborhood organizations, community groups and businesses that work in partnership with the Kansas City, Mo. Parks and Recreation Department to help beautify and maintain our parks and boulevards. Partners supplement (but do not replace) the department’s routine maintenance and beautification activities, helping to ensure that our parks and boulevards remain clean, safe, and environmentally sound.
How it Works
- KC Parks and the adopting organization establish a one-year agreement outlining specific monthly activities for the adopted site (litter pickup, flower bed maintenance, painting, brush clearing, mulch spreading, etc.).
- The group’s designated leader(s) attend an orientation with KC Parks before the partnership begins.
- A Partners in Parks sign is installed in the adopted park recognizing the adopting organization. The organization is also listed on the KC Parks website and recognized on social media.
- KC Parks assists in providing the materials and safety equipment (bags, hand tools, safety vests, etc.).
- Organizations adhere to KC Parks volunteer policies as outlined in the KC Parks Volunteer Handbook.
- Partners report volunteer hours monthly.
- If performing complex maintenance tasks beyond those mentioned above, groups must have general liability insurance coverage of $1 million and name the City as an additional insured on the policy.
Thank you to our dedicated partners:
Blue Valley Neighborhood Association – Blue Valley Park
Budd Park – Masjid Al-Huda Youth
JE Dunn – Ilus Davis Park
Starlight Theatre – Meyer Boulevard
The Kansas City Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity
For more information on the Partners in Parks program or volunteering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.