Parks and Recreation Special Gift Fund
KC Parks offers Summer Camp Scholarships to families who can not afford to pay for their child to go to KC Parks Summer Camp. KC Parks does not want any child to NOT be able to go to camp because lack of funding. We do ask for parents to please fill out the Scholarship Fund Application. KC Parks does it’s best to provide funding when needed.
Life Enhancement Scholarship Program
User fees support the recreation programs offered by the City of Kansas City, Parks and Recreation and participants are required to pay program fees for each program for which they are registering. The Parks and Recreation Department is committed to making its programs as accessible to all segments of the population as is possible. To this end, the Department wishes to provide opportunities to Kansas City resident youth to participate in our programs.
Resident Scholarship Guidelines
Assistance will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis as long as there are funds available.
- The Resident Scholarship Program is limited to Kansas City, Mo. residents ages 17 and under. Applicant must show proof of residency in the form of Driver’s license, J.D. card or utility bill.
- Programs with a cost $5 or less per participant are not eligible for fee waivers.
- Resident Scholarship is offered for registration fees only, not supplies or other costs.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the supporting documentation, with the approved applicant paying 50% of the program fee.
- By accepting a partial scholarship, the parent/guardian agrees to be responsible for the payment of any fees above the scholarship amount.
- In order to participate in the program, approved applicant(s) must pay in full the remaining portion of the registration fee on or before the program/class starts.
- All requests for fee reductions require a completed application and receipt of all necessary documentation.
To determine eligibility, applicant(s)/guardian must present one of the following supporting
documentation along with a completed scholarship application All information will be confidential and used only for the purpose of establishing eligibility for reduced fees.
Additional information or income verification may be requested to process the application.
- Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
- Reduced Lunch Program/Free Lunch Program
- Subsidized Housing (HUD)
- Food Stamps
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)