Members of the UMKC Women’s Volleyball team opened the new sand volleyball court in Brookside Park, Brookside Blvd & E. 56th, with the official first serve on May 13 as KC Parks hosted a beach party celebrating the new court.
- Court was constructed following a PIAC request
- $75,000 for construction
- Court features nets, 12” deep sand, with under drains, concrete curbs, new sidewalk, limestone slab seating, a picnic table, and a 4’ fence to stop loose balls from rolling down the hill
- 5,060 cubic feet of sand
- 1,500 square feet of concrete sidewalk
- 285 linear feet of concrete curb
- Erosion control blanket was used on the hillside to help with the re-establishment of the grass and to prevent erosion.
- Court will be able to be reserved through www.kcparks.org