The City of Kansas City, Mo., is notifying motorists that the AIDS Walk and the Trolley Run will affect traffic in Kansas City on this weekend. Please note, police are prepared to allow motorists to cross the routes when they deem it safe for the participants.
The AIDS Walk takes place on Saturday, April 26 from about 10-11 a.m. and will temporarily close the following streets:
– Oak Street, between Volker Boulevard and Emanuel Cleaver II Boulevard
– Emanuel Cleaver II Boulevard, between Rockhill Road and JC Nichols Parkway
– 43rd Street, between JC Nichols Parkway and Oak Street
– Rockhill Road, between Oak Street and Volker Boulevard
– intersection of Oak Street and Volker Boulevard
– intersection of Brookside Boulevard and Ward Parkway
For more information, visit http://www.aidswalkkansascity.org/.
The Trolley Run will take place Sunday, April 27 from about 7:30-9 a.m. and will temporarily close the following streets:
– Wornall Road, between 75th Street and Gregory Boulevard
– Gregory Boulevard, between Wornall Road and Main Street
– Main Street, between Gregory Boulevard and 69th Street
– 69th Street, between Main Street and Brookside Road
– Brookside Road, between 69th Street and Ward Parkway
– Ward Parkway, between Brookside Boulevard and Central Street
For more information, visit http://www.trolleyrun.org/.
As a service to our residents, the City of Kansas City, Mo., sends occasional notices about temporary road closures due to outdoor races to help residents better plan their weekends and avoid inconvenient road closures or delays.