Kansas City’s Lawn Party 2024
Sunday, July 21, 2024
Theis Park and The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art Donald J. Hall Sculpture Park, Between Oak and Rockhill on Emanuel Cleaver II Blvd.
(Cleaver II Blvd. will be closed from 2-9 p.m.; details below)
Celebrate National Parks and Recreation Month at KC’s biggest lawn party! This fun-filled evening of live music, food trucks, art activities and lawn games stretches from the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art to Brush Creek. Enjoy art activities, live music, and games throughout the Lawn Party. Pack your own picnic or grab dinner from an on-site food truck! Rain or shine; no grills, no stakes, no tenting. We want to see your pictures! Use #KCLawnParty and #KCParks and we’ll share our favorites on our social media.
NEW THIS YEAR! First Sunday Concerts stage on the southeast side of Theis Park featuring Talking Backwards and the David George Band.
Other happenings in Theis Park:
- Musication Station, No Experience Required Sound Making Event, presented by Make Music KC
- Imagination Playground and Lawn Games by KC Parks Athletics
- Giant Bubbles, Stilt Walker and Hula Hoopers
- Entertainment and instruction from the Kansas City Juggling Club
- Photo opportunities with Giant Adirondack Chair and Air Dancers
ROAD CLOSURE: Emanuel Cleaver II Blvd. fromhttps://t.co/UaCfjmTPem Oak Street to Rockhill Road will be closed for the Lawn Party from 2-9 p.m.
DETOUR: From the East-south on Rockhill Road to Dr. MLK Blvd. to Oak Street; from the West-south on Oak Street to Dr. MLK Blvd. to Rockhill Road
Visit RideKC to plan your ride to the event. Main MAX and Troost MAX offer service on Sunday.