We are now accepting new members via online applications only. You do not have to be a resident of Kansas City, Missouri to join. Additional or replacement toggles are $10/each.
HOW TO JOIN (online only)
1. Download Membership Application>>
2. Complete, sign and return the Application with Rabies Vaccination Records/Certificate to Heidi.firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Create an Online Account>>
Upon approval of your application and vaccination records, your online account will be updated and enable you to pay online. You will receive an email/link when you can pay. After receipt of payment, we will set up a time to meet at the park with your entry toggle.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a controlled entry, members-only park. It takes up to two (2) business (M-F) days to verify records and activate your entry toggle after joining the dog park. You will receive a Welcome email when it is good to go. Thank you for your patience.
MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS (on-line only): You will receive an email with payment instructions about two weeks prior to expiration. If you have questions or do not get an email (check your junk mail), contact email@example.com. Thanks!
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- 1.5 Acres where your dog can run off leash without fear of violating leash laws, getting lost or running into traffic.
- Exclusive access to the West Terrace Dog Park
- One key toggle per household to enter the dog park (additional available for $10/each)
- Assurance that other dogs playing in the park are current on their rabies vaccination shots
- Access to a Members-only Facebook Group.
- Email updates and notifications of when it is necessary to close the dog park for prevention, improvements and routine maintenance. Aeration, seeding, and sodding will require closures for four (4) weeks in September and two (2) weeks each April.
HOW TO ENTER THE PARK
A key toggle is required to enter the park. The West Terrace Dog Park has two entry points. One is on the north end, accessible from W. 7th Street and the other is on the south end at the top of the hill, accessible from W. 8th Street. Keep dogs leashed until inside the unleashing lobby. Allow other members to exit the unleashing lobby before entering. Enter the unleashing lobby by scanning the bar code on your key fob. Please close the gate securely behind you and do not hold the gate open for other members. Unleash your dog and take a moment to observe the behavior of the other dogs in the park. If the behavior of your dog and the dogs in the park is friendly, open the gate to enter the park and securely close it behind you.
DOG PARK RULES & REGULATIONS (failure to abide by the park rules may result in the loss of privileges, or owners may be ticketed by Animal Control)
- Handlers enter off-leash area at their own risk.
- Handlers must clean up after their dogs and dispose of all trash.
- Dogs may never be left unattended and must be under voice control at all times. There is a maximum of four (4) dogs per adult handler.
- Owners are responsible legally and financially for the actions of their dogs. Aggressive dogs should not be brought into the area, and any dog must be removed immediately if aggressive behavior is noted.
- Dogs must be healthy and free of parasites, properly licensed, vaccinated, and not in heat. No puppies under four months old are allowed.
- Children 8 years and under are not allowed in the off leash dog area; children ages 9-15 must be accompanied by an adult. An adult handler is considered anyone over 16 years of age.
- Dogs must be leashed when outside of the fenced area. Handler should have the leash in hand when inside of the area.
- No human food is permitted in the fenced/off leash area. Handlers using dog treats must assume the risk of safe handling.
- Prong, choke and spike collars must be removed for safety reasons.
- Handlers are subject to all applicable city ordinances.
The park contains multiple service entrances to provide access for maintenance and emergency personnel. Please do not enter or exit through these gates. If you notice a service gate is unlocked or unsecured please call the Dog Park Manager at 816-513-WOOF (9663). On Thursday mornings, the dog park will be closed for mowing between the hours of 8-11 a.m.
Dog Park Manager