Due to the recent CDC’s (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines All KC Parks Centers will be closed through April 23, 2020. Membership, program, room rental and activity fees will be refunded. Please contact KCParksRefunds@kcmo.org for more information.
The Loose Park Garden Center was built in 1957 for meetings and horticultural exhibitions of various kinds. The Garden Center, located in Loose Park, has two large meeting rooms with small kitchens attached to the meeting rooms. The Garden Center has a horticultural library open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. There is also a Japanese Tea Room, where Japanese tea ceremonies are held. Information about the Laura Conyers Smith Rose Garden.
Garden Center Meeting Room Rental Fees
Horticulture groups (2 hours): $25
Non-horticulture groups (2 hours): $50
Plus one-time janitor fee: $30
Garden Center Rental Hours
Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
An additional $30 per 2-hour overtime fee will be charged for time after 5 p.m.
Friday-Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Seven hours, including set up and breakdown time. Additional time over the first seven hours will be billed as overtime.
The Garden Center must have a minimum of 48-hours notification of a cancellation or a $25 fine will be assessed. After failure to notify the center of a cancellation twice, all further reservations may be cancelled.
Loose Park Shelter Guidelines: Shelter Reservation information>>
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE FOR REASONS OF INCLEMENT WEATHER.
- Sales of any kind are prohibited on park property. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on public property. Ordinance 39,390 (Sec.26.25).
- Reserving parties will be held responsible for the destruction of property. All signs or banners erected relating to this event must be removed.Shelter
- Although every effort will be made to maintain utilities and shelters, service is not guaranteed when vandalism occurs.
- Please help us keep our parks clean: Place all refuse in the containers provided.
- Keep all motorized vehicles off the grass. Use driveways as provided. If no driveway is provided, no passage permitted.
- No inflatable toys allowed. No playing ball in mall area.
- Due to the Loose Trust for the park, Food Trucks are not allowed in Loose Park. Groups renting the shelter may not hire food trucks for their event.
- Shelter is limited to 150 people.
Runs and Walks
Runs and walks are not allowed in Loose Park, due to scheduling conflicts. Please call 816-513-7787, if you have questions