Enjoy free lunchtime concerts in downtown Kansas City
Kansas City Parks and Recreation is excited to announce the return of the Garment District Grooves for its fifth year. Every third Wednesday of the month from April until October live bands will play at Garment District Place, a quaint downtown park. Food trucks will also be out, or you can bring your lunch. Please mark your calendars and invite your friends to meet monthly.
WHEN: April through October (Every third Wednesday), 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
WHERE: Garment District Place, 8th & Broadway (Bank St.)
Garment District Grooves Schedule:
- April 19th, Band: Its Murf Music, Food: Chilakillers
Several Crossroads students will be the opening act and play a short selection of “Pep Band” tunes.
- May 17th-Band: StanKessler, Food: Julita’s
- June 21st– Band: Max Groove, Food: Spice Bandit
- July 19th-Band: The Holliday/Walsh Band, Food: Sugar Skull Grill
- August 16th– Band: Billy Ebeling, Food: Chilakillers
- September 20th-Band: Bill Abernathy, Food: The Urban Knife
- October 18th– Band: Max Levy Food: Ragusa Italian Cafe
The Historic Garment District Museum, 801 Broadway, is open from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. on Garment District Grooves concert days.
Garment District Grooves concert series is presented by KC Parks, the Downtown Council, Downtown Neighborhood Association, and Crossroads Charter School.