KC Parks provides inclusive recreation opportunities to welcome, accommodate and successfully include individuals with disabilities within the existing Parks and Recreation Department programs. The objectives are to:
- Develop a community guiding coalition to support the development, implementation, evaluation and sustainability of this program.
- Build the capacity of existing and new City KC Parks staff to provide recreation services and support to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities.
- Provide opportunities for individuals with disabilities to “try out” and experience a range of recreation opportunities.
- Increase the number of individuals with disabilities and their families accessing the recreation activities currently being provided by KC Parks.
- Make KC Parks facilities and programs accessible to people individuals with disabilities.
- Provide individualized accommodation and supports to individuals with disabilities participating in KC Parks programs.