Photo/Film/Video Permit Form

It takes two (2) to five (5) business days to process a photo/film/video shoot permit request. REQUESTS WITH LESS THAN TWO DAYS LEAD TIME WILL NOT BE APPROVED.

  • Permits for portrait or posed photography are currently required everywhere in Loose Park and at Shoal Creek Living History Museum grounds in Hodge Park.
  • Permits are required for commercial/promotional/advertising film or photo shoots in all parks. Commercial is when you plan to use the  photos/film to sell a product or service.
  • Link to create an online account or login to pay permit fee>>

Do I need a photo/film/video shoot permit?

NO: If the photos are part of an already permitted event in the park, no additional Photo/Film/Video permit is required.

NO: If you are shooting for media/editorial purposes, no permit is needed.

NO: Nature photography does not require a permit as long as the photos are not for commercial use.

YES: A permit is needed for formal posed/portrait photography (paid or unpaid) everywhere in Loose Park OR on the grounds of the Shoal Creek Living History Museum in Hodge Park. Please complete the form below for both parks.

YES: If your shooting will impact others and/or the environment (ie. lots of equipment/people), if you are bringing in any props (ie. furniture), or if you want to film in a park after-hours, you will need a permit.

YES: If you are conducting business by charging for your services, using the public space as a set/studio for a period of time and/or for multiple clients (ie. setting appointments), you will need a permit. If you are being paid or paying someone for photography services, a permit is needed.

YES: If you are bringing in animals (all must be leashed), you will need a permit.

YES: All film/photo shoots for commercial/promotional/advertising purposes, for any business or organization and in any park, require a permit.

YES: If you are taking photos with an intent to sell the images or if you are being paid to take the images, you will need a permit.

YES: If you are photographing/filming with a drone, you will need a permit. No permit is needed if you are just practice flying.  Insurance may be required. Please follow FAA guidelines and respect other park patrons.

LOOSE PARK ROSE GARDEN HOURS: The Rose Garden is unavailable Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., due to maintenance. Weekend photo shoots need to be scheduled within these two hour increments during the following times: Friday, 4-6.m. and 6-8 p.m. and Saturday/Sunday, 8-10 a.m., 10 a.m.-Noon, Noon-2 p.m., 2-4 p.m., 4-6 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. There may be up to four permitted photographers in the Rose Garden at one time.

FEES/INSURANCE: Fees are $25/hour for personal shoots; Commercial shoots start at $50/hour. Permit fees and insurance needs will (commercial only) be determined upon review of the completed request form.  Download Insurance Requirements Letter for commercial shoots only.

PAYMENT: Payment is by credit card through our online system, please create an account in our system. Once date/time is approved, you will be sent a a link to login and pay online. Once payment is received, a permit will be approved and placed on the permit calendar.

RESCHEDULING: Rescheduling is allowed in the case of inclement weather or client cancellation. Contact Robert Loya with rescheduled requested date/time. Do not complete another online request form.

Personal Photo Shoot contact: Robert Loya, 816-513-7701
Commercial Film/Photo Shoots
contact: Heidi Markle, 816-513-7527

Please complete this form. Following review/approval by KC Parks staff, a permit fee will be determined and the permit approved upon receipt of payment and insurance (if requested). It takes two (2) to five (5) business days to process a photo/film/video shoot permit request. REQUESTS WITH LESS THAN TWO DAYS LEAD TIME WILL NOT BE APPROVED. Before completing the request form, please create an account in our system>>

**Per City of Kansas City, Missouri Ordinance 50-163, business cannot be conducted on Park or City property without a permit from the appropriate Board.**


Applicant Information