Photo/Film/Video Permit Form - KC Parks and Rec

Photo/Film/Video Permit Form

Per City of Kansas City, Missouri Ordinance 50-163, business cannot be conducted on Park or City property without a permit from the appropriate Board.

If you are requesting a  permit for a photo shoot in Shoal Creek Living History Museum in Hodge Park, please complete the form on their web page.

Please complete this form. Following review/approval by KC Parks staff, a permit fee will be determined and the permit issued upon receipt of payment and insurance (if requested).  A minimum of five (5) business days is required to process a photo/film/video shoot permit request.


Applicant Information


Kansas City, Missouri Parks and Recreation.

Check or money order contributions shall be made payable to Kansas City, Missouri Parks and Recreation. Please mail payment to: Kansas City, Missouri Parks and Recreation-Marketing and Permits Division, 4600 East 63rd Street Kansas City, Missouri 64130. Payment must be received prior to shoot.

Recognize the City of Kansas City, Missouri Parks and Recreation as a credit in the finished product (if applicable).

Your shoot may require insurance; commercial general liability with limits of $1 million per occurrence and $2 million aggregate, written on an “occurrence” basis, listing the City of Kansas City, Missouri as the additional insured. Need for insurance is determined on a case-by-case basis. A rider will need to be provided prior to issuance of a permit if it is determined insurance is needed.